Lentil, sweet potato and butternut squash soup (serves 8)
- 200g soup mix (usually with pearl barley, dried peas, yellow & red split lentils, adzuki beans)
- 200g Butternut Squash
- 150g Sweet Potato (1 average sweet potato)
- 80g Onion (1 medium onions)
- 400g canned tomatoes (1 can, chopped)
- 15g fresh parsley
- 7g dried stock vegetables (1 cube)
- 1ltr water
Rinse the soup mix and drain the water, then place the mix in a large pan, add onion, stock and water and cook for 20 minutes, add the chopped vegetables and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and allow to cook until vegetables and lentils are soft.
Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy!